United States President Donald Trump has sparked a massive viral firestorm after officially announcing he will not attend his son’s wedding.
Social media platforms are abuzz with reactions after Trump sparks controversy over his son’s wedding plans, choosing instead to remain at the White House during what he called an “important period of time.”
Pan-Atlantic Kompass reports that Donald Trump Jr. is set to marry Florida socialite and model Bettina Anderson this Memorial Day weekend in a highly private, intimate ceremony in the Bahamas.
However, Trump confirmed via Truth Social that the escalating geopolitical situation in the Middle East has disrupted his family plans.
“While I very much wanted to be with my son, Don Jr., and the newest member of the Trump Family, his soon-to-be wife, Bettina, circumstances pertaining to Government, and my love for the United States of America, do not allow me to do so,” Trump posted.
This confirmation comes after an Oval Office press briefing where the U.S president bluntly explained his scheduling conflict to reporters.
”He’d like me to go. It’s going to be just a small private affair, and I’m going to try and make it,” Trump initially told reporters on Thursday, sounding unenthusiastic before dropping the definitive reason. “I said, ‘You know, this is not good timing for me. I have a thing called Iran and other things.'”
Pan-Atlantic Kompass reports that this comes amid ongoing conflict between the U.S and Iran.
The conflict began on February 28, 2026, after the U.S and Israel jointly launched a strike on Iran.
The strike killed former Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and many other top commanders in the country.
Among those killed after the strikes are Ali Shamkhani, advisor for security affairs, Mohammad Pakpour, commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, and Aziz Nasirzadeh, minister of defence.
Since then, Iran has blocked the Strait of Hormuz, a crucial shipping route for crude oil globally, effectively escalating global prices.
Global crude oil prices have since crossed $100 per barrel.
There have also been ongoing talks of a ceasefire, however, negotiations have continued to break down between both sides.
